Responsible and sustainable action has been part of WKV's DNA since the company was founded - awarded with the German Solar Prize 2003 as the first CO2-free plus heavy-machinery factory for electricity generation in Europe!
OUR FUTURE FACTORY
As one of the very first power station manufacturers, the traditional company WKV has transformed itself into an ecological factory of the future. Since the year 2000, our company located in Gutach has been a prime example of sustainable and resource-saving construction and work which has received worldwide attention: We are the only manufacturer of climate-friendly hydroelectric power stations that generates the energy for the production of these stations ourselves in a CO2-neutral way. Isn't that sustainability par excellence?
Ist das nicht Nachhaltigkeit par excellence?
- Only local wood was used in the construction of the factory of the future.
- We generate the electricity for our production with our self-built hydroelectric power station. During construction, a section of the Elz River was made available again for fish migration.
- Buildings are heated using station waste heat, modern heat pumps and solar energy.
- The main building, constructed according to low-energy standards, is optimally oriented towards the sun. A green roof ensures a balanced microclimate.
- Rainwater is collected for service water use. Surplus rainwater seeps away and is fed back into the natural groundwater cycle.
OUR VALUES –
WKV is committed to the Gutach community and creates local jobs. We promote a climate-neutral economy and support the association "CO2 levy e. V.” According to the statutes, 5 percent of our profits flow into ecological and social projects every year.
We have been awarded the Lea Mittelstandspreis several times for our social commitment, most recently in 2021. We support the following projects, among others:
Brother Theo Call. African missionary, helping people help themselves by building workshops, schools, churches, a hospital, planting thousands of trees and much more.